Date: January 13, 2012, Topics: Brewing News
Drinking beer is best only if done with friends. But if your idea of drinking beer is getting drunk and falling off the seat while babbling some gibberish, you really are missing out all the fun. Drinking is a fun thing, but when you get pissed and try to fly, not a lot of people will like you. Here are some beer drinking tips to be less annoying when you are drunk. Drink ‘em up…
1. If your group of friends is buying beer in rounds, don’t hesitate to order your next round earlier than others. It will look more polite than having an empty beer glass in your hand or pushing others to hurry up and drink faster than they would like to.
2. Try to always use a coaster. Ask for it if your bartender hasn’t already given you one. Beer glass lying on table without it might irk someone in the party.
3. While comparing cocktails, wines and beer, you must be careful. A beer lover might get upset if you are all praises for wine and keep saying that you aren’t very fond of beer.
4. One should keep their vast knowledge about beer to themselves and try not to broadcast it to their friends unless one is asked. Otherwise, people’s enjoyment of drinking might get disrupted.
5. Try and not to generalize beer. You shouldn’t say “I like dark beers”. It is like saying “I like red colored foods”.
6. Order a beer by variety, by style or by particular name. You shouldn’t just order “a beer”.
7. If unsure about a brand, ask if it belongs to a large entity or is independent. After that make your assumptions and decide what you want.
8. Ask your server politely for changing mug if you are being served with beer in a frosted mug. Cold just takes away flavor nuances.
9. Read beer magazines and publications. They are sincere, fun to read and are in need of readers.
10. Attend a beer festival, tasting or beer dinner.
11. Never assume that if a beer is dark in color, its alcohol content will be more than lighter ones.
12. For brewers, yeast is their favorite pet and like a business partner. So, respect yeast!
13. After you are done drinking and you get up, don’t forget to push your chair back in.
14. It’s the best time in history to be all into beer because you are living in the era where you have endless variety of beer. So, be grateful!
15. Lastly, everyone has their own taste and liking. Never force a beer on anyone just because you love it.
No Comments »
No comments yet.